Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme -apple-system as default font in visual editor

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 17 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Skippy
    Participant

Done.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Thanks to the help from @skippy, this issue has been solved!

I’m not exactly sure what was going on, but it had to do with Jetpack’s Card feature (which was using -apple-system as its default font family). This generated an editor stylesheet that overrode the default global font. I also think that the “new” Classic Editor plugin has slightly rearranged some of the internal class organization. Plus, I also think there was something going on with the order plugins were being loaded which may explain why I couldn’t reproduce the issue. Whatever, I think it is releated to Gutenberg and the Classic Editor, and loading order of things.

So, we fixed this problem by adding a bit of new CSS to the editor styling that forces what Weaver thinks should be the default font for content in the editor. This fixed the issue on Skippy’s site and doesn’t cause any new issues for my own test sites.

I will post a new version of Weaver Xtreme – 4.2.4 – with the fix.

Skippy
    Participant

Thank you Weaver for looking into the problem and finding a solution.  I always appreciate your excellent support of your theme.

I’m updating and checking all my sites which are affected by this.  One thing I’ve noticed is that in some cases the font selection in the visual editor defaults to Open Sans instead of what ever font is selected in Main Options -> Wrapper Area.

The solution is simply to deactivate the WeaverX Pro plugin then reactivate it.  This has worked on all my affected sites except one.  Not sure why that one is behaving different but I don’t think it’s a crisis and I’ll mess around with it more when I have time.

Thank you again Weaver.  This level of support is why I keep buying your code.

Weaver
    Keymaster

In what seems to me to be new behavior in the Classic Editor, the editor “knows” how to find the default font, which is Open Sans in Weaver Xtreme. The issue with Jetpack was it changed the default to apple-system. So if there is no selected font family for the Wrapper (or content area), then the default Open Sans is used, which is actually correct. But I don’t think tinyMCE used to do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 17 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.