Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Appearance > Menu not working

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    KarlCraig
    Participant

I have published some new pages to my WordPress site and have them properly arranged in my “Pages” section. As usual, I then go to “Appearance > Menu” and make sure the heirachy is correct and go “Save” … but I get this message:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
    /wp-admin/nav-menus.php
    does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

This has happened before, and it will usually work after giving it a few goes, or use a different browser (I usually use Safari, but swapping to Chrome has worked before) but not this time! I’ve restarted the computer and stood on my head, but every time I try, I get that message.

Any suggestions?

Karl

User

@KarlCraig

Can you please share the site URL so we may check?

Also, this error may happen when you are trying to upload a file that exceeds the maximum file upload limit on your WordPress website and so the web server will fail to upload the file, presenting the β€˜413 Request Entity Too Large’ error message.

Can you also please check the Weaver Xtreme Admin > Your System and Configuration Info >
    PHP Configuration > and check the current Memory limits?

They may need to be increased.

Regards and thanks!

KarlCraig
    Participant

Sorry … http://www.craig-galt.info

It’s a family history blogsite. My theme is Weaver Xtreme Plus 6.4.

Thanks

Karl

User

@KarlCraig

Wow… there are a lot of pages linked into that menu!

Please check the site upload memory status. I think you’ll need to increase that.

Regards!

KarlCraig
    Participant

Okay, I’ll check with my host … it is a lot of pages, :-]

User

@KarlCraig

Please re-read my first reply. I added to it …..

You can check the data from Admin.

Regards.

KarlCraig
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I’m talking with my web host now, and hopefully they can help with increasing my memory allocation.

KarlCraig
    Participant

My Web Host has told me I need to reinstall WP 6.1.1 for it to work as I currently have 6.4.3 and this is a memory problem with my PHP – this sounds like a major drama to me πŸ™

I’m going to investigate a new host.

scrambler

Can you paste here the content of the system Info box so we can see your PHP configuration and settings like variables and such?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Your host should update your PHP version. WP 6.1.1 is now 3 major WP revisions old, and probably should not be trusted.

Or, a new host. Usually migrating a WP site is pretty easy. I know SiteGround makes migration easy. I think they might even include that as a sign up benefit.

KarlCraig
    Participant

Yes, a new host it is. I have started the process to transfer to SiteGround, and it should all be complete in a couple of days. Many thanks for taking the time. πŸ™‚

KarlCraig
    Participant

To finish this thread, I can report that I did manage to transport my site from my previous host (iPage) to a new home at SiteGround.

I can hardly believe the difference! Not only were all the memory issues immediately solved, and my site restored to full working capacity, but it is all now so quick to load on all my devices, and changes to the site now “update” in a couple seconds rather than a minute or more previously.

Also, my new host provides daily back-ups and SSL for free, so I need less plug-ins as well!

I’ve just upgraded to WP6.5, and that happened seamlessly, so after a few days of panic, the universe has been restored to normal! Thank you to those who reached out and helped.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.