Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Any thoughts why this is occurring?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    swmagic999
    Participant

this appears at the top of my page:

section and everything up till < div id=”container” > * * >>>> DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE <<<< * * Warning! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, or any other theme file! If you edit ANY theme * file, all your changes will be LOST when you update the theme to a newer version. * Instead, if you need to change theme functionality, CREATE A CHILD THEME! * * >>>> DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE <<<< */ if ( ! isset( $GLOBALS[‘weaverx_page_who’] ) ) { $GLOBALS[‘weaverx_page_who’] = ‘unknown’; } do_action( ‘weaverx_alt_theme’, $GLOBALS[‘weaverx_page_who’] ); ?>

avwebmaster.com

my website gives me this evenĀ  in wp-admin.

scrambler

This is being inserted at the top of the body tag, and I don’t know any way the theme would do that.

Have you updated to the latest 4.4.7 posted today, it corrected a bug in 4.4.6 posted shortly before

May be @weaver will have more ideas

Weaver
    Keymaster

The theme file header.php (or possibly header-raw.php) seems to have been corrupted.

Did you edit that file according to some instructions from some plugin?

(Note what the comments say: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE – it seems to have been edited!)

Do you have some plugin that is fiddling with the <head> section?

If you need to change the header.php file, you should NEVER do it in the theme, but rather in a child theme.

Otherwise, you site has been hacked, and the hack has attacked the header.php file.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Follow up: I see you are using Weaver Xtreme 4.3.4 which is somewhat out of date.

And I see you ARE using a child theme. If you have header.php in the child, then it appears as if the first 4 or 5 lines have been deleted.

In general, I don’t think there are major changes in Weaver Xtreme 4.4.x that affect a child theme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.