Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme An anomaly with short code

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lambert
    Participant

Hi

I have my page, http://www.joshuatrust.org/ which is set to page with posts, and pulls in category home, both as excerpts and a parallel post. One of the posts (the one below the parallel one) has the following short code: [show_posts category_name=success-stories orderby=rand posts_per_page=1 show=excerpt hide_bottom_info=true hide_top_info=true]
    This is so that it will show a random post with the category success-stories as an excerpt.
    Everything up to here works fine, the problem that the next 2 posts with the category “home” have disappeared. If I remove the short code from the post above, they all show
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks
    Lambert
    Maureen
    Participant

Posts per page is  1  for all.   

lambert
    Participant

Thanks Maureen, that’s not it, when I remove the short code from the meet vusi post it works, when I put it back it’s gone again

Weaver
    Keymaster

Nesting a [show_post] inside a page with posts and using the same selection criteria is problematic.

I could not recreate your exact problem, but I tried a similar nesting and got an essentially blank screen (just the header and menus) as the nesting caused an infinite loop.

I don’t know if there is a solution for this. You might need to add a tag instead of a category so you can use tags and categories.

Also, try different values with the show post (full vs excerpt, for example.)

lambert
    Participant

I have tried changing category to tag, and still no joy. Doesn’t look like it’s possible. Is there any other way of doing this?

lambert
    Participant

I have tried the different values as well

lambert
    Participant

I pushed the post with the feed to the bottom of the page. Problem solved

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.