Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme alternate method to change site wide base font family

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mbreese
    Participant

Beyond putting new base fonts in advanced options>head section, is there another way in weaver x?

scrambler

Main Options > Fonts & Custom > FOnts > Site base font size .

If you meant the font family, you have to set it in every section of the main options pages

mbreese
    Participant

Yes, the font family. For instance, in “Advanced Options > Head Section (advanced)” I added 2 google fonts:

<link href=’http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Muli|Roboto’ rel=’stylesheet’ type=’text/css’>

And then in Main Options>Fonts & Custom I put this:
    body {font-family: 14px/18px “Muli”,”Roboto”,sans-serif;  color: #474545;}

This is the cleanest easiest way in Weaver X. Correct?

scrambler

I you are adding your own font and do not have plus I believe this is the way.

But if you have plus you can add any fonts using the plus option, and then they are available in any font family option drop down list throughout the theme.

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you don’t have Xtreme Plus, and like to work with a lot of fonts, the small amount Xtreme Plus costs will be well worth the expense as your new fonts become completely integrated with the theme, including both the theme options and the Page/Post editor. Really makes life easier.

mbreese
    Participant

Yes, this is not plus. That’s what I needed to know.
    And yes, plus is inexpensive as themes go. It is just the on going cost, not as with the old license. I mean you really did need to make that change I think. Your theme is just too flexible and useful to not be worth that. At the moment, however, what I am doing is several very small basic sites for small churches that really don’t want to do more than the domain cost and hosting cost. Got them to do that much at least. This is really a side line I do for the challenge and fun of it. I did use weaver II pro because it was a one time fee and people liked that. If i get Weaver X Plus today, just to mess around with it does not make sense. I am doing such low budget things that learning the new theme with X plus doesn’t make sense. the only personal site I run is behind a password and is my resume site for my real profession. It is weaver ii pro. It sits there for months and months until I need to open it up for someone. I don’t want take on an extra cost just for that.
    Every now and then a real-ish job comes along and I will use x plus for that.
    Thanks for the help.

scrambler

Remember the plus license does not expire, so if you buy ot, you get all that is there now forever, the renewed fee is for future updates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.