Home Forums Weaver II Theme Aligning questions

This topic contains 44 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Madling
    Participant

0) Thanks for the explanation. 
    I have no idea if any of my plugins causes the menu problem. 

1) Done and now working 🙂
    2) Working 🙂
    3) Feautred image is set to large, but I see a dirrerence.  
    On the front page none of the pictures are as large as they are in the posts.
    I can insert pictures if you want to see what i mean? 
    4) Is the javascrip errors linked to (don’t know if that is the right word) the menu problems?
    Ones again thank you for all the help.

Madling
    Participant

5) Do you know why the fist picture is “jumping” here?

scrambler

0) and 4) so far most likely the plugins or the ads are causing these javascript errors and this is why I said many times you need to make the test of deactivating all plugins so we can see if this solves the issue. You seem determined not to do that and leave your site unusable on mobile, so I should let it go 🙂

3) The small difference comes from a default rule in weaver that sets the max-width of blog page featured image to 95%. Add the rule below in Advanced options > Head Section > Custom CSS Rule box to change that

#content .featured-image img {max-width:100%;}

5) You have done these in a weird way with a paragraph around each image, and for some reason the bottom margin on these is causing the problem.

a- If you are only using the visual editor, WordPress may be adding these automatically, in that case one solution would be to switch the editor to text mode, check the option “allow raw HTML and scripts” in the page option, and remove all the paragraph tags.

b- Another way would be to use a WordPress gallery for all your images.

c- A final way would be to remove the default bottom margin on paragraph in that page with the rule below

.page-id-3760 #content p {margin-bottom:0;}

Madling
    Participant

0) I still want to do something about it. I have agreed with a neighbor, that I can borrow her phone to test it from.
    I hope to this in the weekend. 

3) Thank you. It worked. 
    5) Thank you I will try to solve it. 

Madling
    Participant

Today I borrowed af friends mobilephone to test the plugins.

Unfortunately it did not seem to solve the problem. 
    One by one I disabled the plugins and tested it from the mobilephone. But the menu could still not be seen.
    I also tried to disabled all of the plugins at the same time – but still no menu box.
    I tried to look through the mobile settings in admin but could not find a solution 🙁

scrambler
    When you deactivated ALL plugins at the same time, did you remember to clear the browser cache of the phone Browser before testing?
    Have you also tried removing the Ads?

Madling
    Participant

No I did not clear the browser cache, so it sounds like it was wasted effort 🙁

Madling
    Participant

Can I test it from a computer/page?

scrambler
    I think you should invest a bit of time in cloning your site in a subfolder so we can use it as a test site.

Madling
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of work 🙁

scrambler
    Really not.
    You go to you host admin / Cpanel, create a sub folder in your main directory, Install WordPress in there.
    Then CLone your site in that new WordPress Installation using the procedure from the FAQ

http://weavertheme.com/migrate-your-site-to-new-domain-name-or-new-server/

That will give you a duplicate of the current site in which we can test without disrupting the main site. This is a good investment for the future 🙂

Madling
    Participant

Thank you.

Sounds very complex… 
    It only I knew what the reason was 🙁

scrambler

What is the list of plugins that you use ?

Madling
    Participant

Today I borrowed another phone. 

“Unfortunately” the menu box was visible from that phone, so it was not helpful. 

Madling
    Participant

The list is long… 🙂

Here is some of them…

I use:
    Add featured image to RSS feedAkismetCategory Order

CodeStyling LocalizationContact Form 7FontsGoogle AdSenseGoogle Analytics af YoastImage & Text WidgetImage WidgetMulticons Password ProtectedPinterest Verify Meta Tag

scrambler

Some is of little use, it is all or nothing 🙂

Anyway, there is no way to find the issue unless we can deactivate them, so until you either find a device / computer that shows the problem that you can use reliably, or setup a test site, there is nothing we can do.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.