Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Adding own translations in Weaver Xtreme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BlitheandBonnie
    Participant

Hi there, I am very new to all this so please bear with me. My website is http://www.blithebreaks.co.uk, and I am trying to add my own translations (ie a foreign language version of my website), rather than causing people to be bemused and puzzled trough google translations. Hopefully there is an easy-to-use plugin that would serve my purpose?  If this is not the right place to ask the question, can anybody nudge me in the right direction please? Many thanks, I really appreciate it.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver Xtreme supports over 20 languages for the visitor side already using standard WordPress translation methods.

Most of the translation come directly from Weaver’s language files, but some also are included in the standard WordPress translation files.

So you shouldn’t have to do any of your own translations.

There are tools / plugins that can help manage multilingual sites. A google search or a search of past topics about this on this forum should be able to help you with that.

scrambler

@weaver, I think she is talking about translation of the actual site content not just the theme / wordpress messages

BlitheandBonnie
    Participant

Yes, I partly chose Weaver because of the the language support, however, I don’t want to have to rely on poor machine-generated translations, at least not with the languages I can translate much better myself. I think what I’m after is a plugin that will let me edit the computer-generated translations or write them myself, but I have a feeling it’s a question I should have asked elsewhere. Thanks for your time, anyway. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.