Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Adding an image size in Image Details>Display Settings

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pasqualerose 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Answered

pasqualerose
    Participant

In Image Details>Display Settings for images size I’m given several options: Thumbnail, Medium, Large and Custom Size. I have a particular size I like to run a lot of my images. Is there a way I can add that to the image size options?

Thanks!

Pat

Best Answer

Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

That is not an option that is allowed to be supported by themes. It is a WordPress feature, and I do think there are ways to add your own custom name image size options. There are probably plugins that can do that.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Ok. Thanks!

Pat

Weaver
    Keymaster

And an important note: If you add a new image size, that new size will be available for all FUTURE additions to the media library. Otherwise, you have to find a plugin that can rebuild the media library images into whatever new sizes you’ve set for the named sizes.

Normally, when you load a new image into the media lib, WP converts that image to all the sizes: thumb, large, etc (including full). If you change the default dimensions for the different sizes, you then need to rebuild the lib with the new sizes.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for making me aware that.

I’m not sure if I am going to do it. I posted a question about it on the WordPress support forum. So far what I’ve learned it’s a php code thing and that’s something I really don’t want to mess with. I’m going to see if I can find a plug-in.

pasqualerose
    Participant

I did get this figured out. Thanks!

Pat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.