Home Forums Weaver II Theme Accessibility issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bplumme
    Participant

Hi,

I know this is an older theme but I have an issue.

When I go to https://achecker.ca/checker/index.php I am receiving an error message for this page http://vanwertcounty.org

Success Criteria 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (AA)

Check 37: Header nesting – header following h1 is incorrect.
    Repair: Modify the header levels so only an h1 or h2 follows h1.
    Error Line 421, Column 3:
    <h1 class=”entry-title”>HOME</h1>

How do I fix this?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver II 2.2.2 should not be generating that particular code, so I suspect some custom code or something with your version of the theme.

BUT:

When you open the Weaver II Admin page, you should see this message:

Current Weaver II version is 2.2.2. A newer version (2.2.4) is available in the downloads area at WeaverTheme.com/download/.
    Because of WordPress policy changes, updates will no longer be provided at WordPress.org!
    To update: Open the Dashboard : Admin panel. An option to update to the latest version should appear there.
    Alternate update procedure:

1. Go to weavertheme.com/download/

• Click on the “Weaver II” download link.
    • Download the new version to your computer
    • Install the Weaver II Theme Extras plugin from WordPress.org.
    • Use update option near the bottom of Save/Restore tab to update to the new version. (Requires Weaver II Theme Extras Plugin)

Note that the Weaver II Theme Extras plugin is no longer available from WordPress, but is also found on the WeaverTheme.com download page.

Please update to 2.2.4. That should emit a correct <h2>. (Update – Weaver II emits <h2> for post titles, and correctly emits <h1> for page titles.)

Weaver
    Keymaster

CORRECTION

While it would be a good idea to update to 2.2.4, the <h1> in question is, in fact, correct as it is being generated by Weaver II.

The diagnostic message you got is simply wrong. There are no nested <h1>s. The generated HTML is correctly placing an <H1> on both the site title and the page title.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.