October 10, 2019 at 00:03 UTC - Views: 62 #61836
After many many months in the review process, I am hopeful that the WP theme reviewers will finally approve Absolute Weaver.
The download is found on this page: https://weavertheme.com/current-versions/
Absolute Weaver is based on Weaver Xtreme, but is significantly simplified. The code base has been under extensive revision, and this new version is much faster.
Some of the differences:
December 31, 2019 at 16:24 UTC - Views: 49 #62264srinivassridharParticipant
- 100% upward compatible with Weaver Xtreme. Absolute Weaver designs will work with 100% compatibility on Weaver Xtreme. Weaver Xtreme settings will also work with Absolute Weaver, but only with Absolute Weaver‘s reduced option set.
- Customizer Interface only. But it is faster!
- The Customizer interface is very similar to Weaver Xtreme’s, but has been a bit re-organized for consistency and ease of use.
- There is a new settings file format that the latest version of Weaver Xtreme can now read. Absolute Weaver can also read Weaver Xtreme settings files.
I am using Xtreme Plus.
January 16, 2020 at 11:34 UTC - Views: 38 #62770srinivassridharParticipant
- Can i switch to Absolute Weaver as it seems easier to use?
- When can I switch? Why is the theme downloadable when it is not approved?
I would appreciate an answer to my questions above.
Thanks.January 16, 2020 at 18:59 UTC - Views: 35 #62775
Strange I remembered answering that one…
You can switch, you will loose ability to change options that are Xtreme Specific.
Until it is released on WP.org, you can download at the link weaver mentioned at the top of the pageJanuary 17, 2020 at 19:36 UTC - Views: 34 #62792
Absolute Weaver will not happen. In spite of working on it for more than six months, it was rejected twice by a supposedly senior WP theme reviewer.
I think one of the main objections of the reviewer was that there were too many options. At one point they seemed to okay having a lot of options, but then said the code I used to implement theme failed to meet some sort of strange coding standard. They offered a suggestion on how to code the options, but it would have required literally ADDING several THOUSAND lines of very hard to maintain code. The seemed to have a fundamental lack of understanding of the purpose of functions and abstraction in programming. As I had already worked nearly nine months on the project, and that the totally absurd demand to add several thousand of complicated code would require another several months, I have abandoned the project.
I wasted over a year of my time on the project, only to be met with totally absurd requirements and I still believe a fundamental and unreasonable misunderstanding of the usefulness of many options to non-programmer site designers, and the software design required to implement such options in a maintainable and efficient way.
I am hoping to be able to find a more objective theme shop that may be willing to support a theme like Absolute Weaver, but I’m actually still not mentally ready to do that.January 17, 2020 at 19:48 UTC - Views: 29 #62794January 20, 2020 at 21:17 UTC - Views: 25 #62812ealvarezParticipant
Does some work can be incorporated in Weaver XTreme?January 20, 2020 at 22:11 UTC - Views: 22 #62813
From what I understand, Absolute weaver was a Sub set of Xtreme.
So Xtreme has everything Absolute had plus more.
If you want to simplify/reduce the amount of exposed options in Xtreme, there is an option for that in the Customizer.January 21, 2020 at 17:35 UTC - Views: 19 #62816
There was some rearrangement of the customizer options, but there were no new options.
- The forum ‘ Absolute Weaver’ is closed to new topics and replies.