Home Forums Feature Suggestions Ability to copy Weaver Slider Options to another slider

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Maureen
    Participant

I’m creating 3 different sliders with different images, but all having the same options. It would be great to be able to save the settings from one slider and upload them to a new slider.

I tried downloading slider settings then uploading to a new slider, hoping to transfer the settings. But no luck.

scrambler

That option is supposed to work.

Did you also saved and restore the settings for the filter being used by the slider?

What version of the plugins show posts and show slider are you using?

Maureen
    Participant

I am using Weaver Show Posts (V 1.2.2) & Show Sliders Plugins (V 1.2.1) – Settings

I saved the settings from the Slider tab: 
     Download – Save Settings for current slider Wedding Suite Slideshow

I then upload the saved file and hit restore. I then get brought back to the original slider that i saved the settings for.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think the “problem” is that the save/restore is intended as a backup/transfer function, and NOT as a way to create a duplicate settings (but with a different name).

So it would work to either restore previous settings to the SAME filter/slider name, or to transfer them to a different site.

One possible fix would be to add a “Rename Filter” option. That would be a bit clumsy to use (save original, rename it to make duplicate, then restore original filter), but it would work.

Another way might be to add a “duplicate filter” command that would duplicate all the settings. That might be more useful.

scrambler

Interesting did not think of that…

@weaver, if you cannot make the Slider/Filter settings independent from the Slider/Filter name, then we definitely need a rename and or a duplicate option  🙂

Maureen
    Participant

I did re-name the saved file to the new slider, but that did not work either when I uploaded it to the new slider name.

scrambler

Renaming the saved file would do nothing as I am guessing all the names are in the settings themselves.

What we would need is an ability to rename the existing slider inside the admin interface, so that when you upload the saved version, the name it uses is no longer in use.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’ve added new “Duplicate Slider” and “Duplicate Filter” buttons. You have to provide a new name, so that handles both.

Will send you both a copy of this new version just for a little checking, and then update the plugins later today or tomorrow.

Maureen
    Participant

Got it. Used it. It works! Took me about 2 seconds to create a new slider with the same options as the others.

TX!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Those versions are now available from the WordPress.org plugin repository for everyone to update.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.