Home Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro A value for the logo field is required.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

katiezeller
    Participant

In the Structured Data Testing tool Google is giving my blog the following error: ‘Logo: A value for the <i>logo</i> field is required’.

Can anyone help my fix the problem?  I added a logo and an icon under ‘Site Identity’  and neither fixed the issue.

https://thymeforcookingblog.com/

Weaver
    Keymaster

There seems to be some issue with the code Weaver Xtreme is generating for the logo (and some images, apparantly). These little errors are almost certainly not really affecting anything with your Google searches, but if you disable Scheme.org tag generation, the issues will not be there at all.

I do think that you should be seeing two different messages about the logo depending if you’ve defined a logo or not in the options.

I will try to look at this issue – it used to verify so the standard may have been changed a bit. Because of my travel schedule, I will be unable to provide any updates for a bit.

katiezeller
    Participant

@weaver Are you back from traveling?

Any update on the logo error issue?

Since I need structured data for recipes ( mine is a food blog) wouldn’t disabling Scheme.org tag generation cause a problem for me?

What options do I use to ‘define a logo?

I’ve played with every option that I can find that has anything remotely to do with the word logo and get the same error.

Can you (or someone) help please?

https://thymeforcookingblog.com/

Katie Zeller

Weaver
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, this is a very low priority issue for me at the moment.

I’ve spent some time looking that the Schema.org specs, and have found conflicting definitions, and I’m partly not sure just what I can do.

I don’t think that this particular issue will have any significant affect on your search rankings.

But, Weaver certainly does not know anything about generating specific tags for recipes. I do know there are Schema tags for them, but they are really specific to that kind of content. I is possible there are plugins with custom post types for recipes that would include some kind to structured tags, but it won’t be from Weaver Xtreme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.