Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme 3 Columns Conversion Issue

Viewing 11 posts - 17 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Weaver
    Keymaster

If one is running the latest Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin – version 1.2 – there should be an automatic update show for 1.2.4 if you have 1.2.3 installed. If you are still on 1.2.2, you have to go through the whole process – to 1.2.3, than 1.2.4.

Because this feature seems to work reliably, I failed to update the version on this site. It is now updated, and can be used from the upload page:
    http://weavertheme.com/download/?did=32

GR8FL
    Participant
    Three Sites, All have Theme Support  Plugin v.1.2 

First Site has Weaver XTreme Theme Version: 1.2.2
    Second Site: Weaver XTreme Theme Version: 1.2.3
    Third Site: Weaver XTreme Theme Version: 1.2.3

First Site: Weaver Xtreme Plus v. 1.1
    Second Site: Weaver Xtreme Plus v. 1.2.1 
    Third Site: Weaver Xtreme Plus v. 1.2.2 

No upgrade notification for Theme.
    No upgrade notification for Plus. Upgrade notification for all other plugins seems fine.

What is the process to get all to 1.2.4.?? 

I just downloaded from the link, but I am not sure if there is some interim 1.2.3 update that needs to be done first.

And is this the Theme Support update or the Plus Update or the Theme?

Thank you.

scrambler

If you are getting no notification, there is a problem with that, but this is @weaver area.

In the mean time you can update manually to Xtreme 1.2.4 (which is the THEME update not the plugins), using the “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades” plugin.

Download the 1.2.4 version from the link mentioned above and install the new version from appearance > Theme > Add New > Upload theme, and answering yes to the easy theme and plugin upgrade plugin question that will ask if this is an update to an existing theme.

GR8FL
    Participant

Thank you.

GR8FL
    Participant

Just updated http://lavenderfieldsde.com/

Want to be clear this is the intention for the columns on a phone in that the columns are now stacked as if there aren’t any columns. Correct?
    scrambler

2 columns become one on phone

3 columns become 2 on tablets, and 1 on phones

this can all be changed with custom CSS if needed

Weaver
    Keymaster

@GR8FUL –

I don’t know why you 1.2.3 versions are not updating. Same with the 1.2.2. These should get an autoupdate via the dashboard Updates admin page. So far, a large number of people have autoupdated to 1.2.3, so it does seem to be working as designed. Don’t know what is different about your sites.

The latest Xtreme Plus is still 1.2.1 – I had sent you special versions to deal with the column issues, I think.

GR8FL
    Participant

@weaver

I was confused with theme and plugins(s). The names are so close, as well as the version numbers. 
    Scrambler kept saying I need to update the Theme Support plugin (which I did when prompted through the WP Admin Panel) and then update to the latest 1.2.4. I assumed that was the Pro Plugin since I had just updated to v.1.2.2. from what you sent me. There was no notification of a theme update. 
    Any chance in the future on having version numbers also reflect what the product is? At least when someone here is suggesting to update a version, to not only give the version number, but also to specify what the product is. That would save a lot of confusion.

Since I wrote this earlier today, I see on the site that had the THEME 1.2.2 notify to update to 1.2.3 and then as soon as that was done, to update to 1.2.4.

The remaining site remains with THEME v1.2.3 which I will manually update.
    GR8FL
    Participant

Which should I be using for the last <div>?

Is it <div class=”clear-cols”></div> or <div style=”clear:both;”></div> ?

GR8FL
    Participant

@Scrambler

2 columns become one on phone
    3 columns become 2 on tablets, and 1 on phones
    this can all be changed with custom CSS if needed

How can set it up so in a 3-column setting on the phone, the first two are displayed in two columns, and the last one is by itself (no columns), which I believe would be <div class=”content-3-col mycol3″>

The page I would like this done on is: http://hattiesgarden.com/hatties-plants
    scrambler

Is it <div class=”clear-cols”></div> or <div style=”clear:both;”></div> ?

Does not matter they both do the same thing

For the last question, Ther are two separate issues.

First if you do not  want 3 columns to become one on phones, you will need to add the rule below to main options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box to undo the phone rule.

.is-phone .content-3-col{width:49.8%;padding-right:2%;padding-left:2%}

now if you want the 3rd colum to be 100% wide, you use the method from the tutorial, adding a mycol3 class to the third column, and the rule below to make it 100% on mobile

.is-mobile .mycol3.content-3-col {width:96%;margin-top:20px;}

Viewing 11 posts - 17 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.