Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme 1.2.4 upgrade = all columns messed up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tix
    Participant

Just upgraded Xtreme to 1.2.4

Now all my columns are messed up, sliding one beneath the other.
    Each column contains a div, some of them have a padding but none of the divs are at 100% width. It worked perfectly before I upgraded the theme.

This is bad as it is an important site with constant traffic and even sales pages are messed up.

How to solve this quickly?

Thank you.

Have a nice day

Maureen
    Participant

Please post a link.

tix
    Participant

Can’t do this, it’s a client site.

Need to solve this quickly, do you know a link to previous version (didn’t upload that as I usualy do, my fault)
    Thank you.

Maureen
    Participant

I just tested this process on one of my sites:

1.  Back up your weaver settings. Download the file to your computer: 

Download Current Settings To Your Computer

Download  – Save all current settings to file on your computer. (Full settings backup, including those marked with ♦.) File:weaverx-backup-settings-plus.wxb 

2.  Switch to another theme, i.e. 2015

3. Delete the Weaver Xtreme theme

4. Install a fresh version  of Weaver Xtreme on the site and activate it.

5. Upload the weaver settings from your computer, if needed:

Upload settings from file saved on your computer

Select theme/backup file to upload:   (Restores settings in file to current settings.)

Upload and Restore a theme/backup from file on your computer. Will become current settings.

tix
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

If I reinstall the same version, I guess the problem will still be there? It’s the update that caused it.

Maureen
    Participant

I would leave it to @Weaver to to answer that question. Without a link it is difficult to tell what is occurring. 

tix
    Participant

Thank you for your reply 🙂

I’m now trying with reducing width + padding of the divs that reside inside the columns & weird things happen. One one row it works, on the other with the same divs inside same 3 col. setting, it doesn’t.

Have a nice day.

scrambler

There was some changes in the way columns are handled to fix some bugs, you need to give us details on how you created the columns

The new css uses nth of type to clear each row, so the columns created with the content-3-col class must all be in a separate container so the counting is accurate.

If you use the 3 columns option in a page with post there should be no problem as weaver incorporated the changes in the page with post.

if you created your columns using divs with the content-3-col classes, then you must  put all the columns in a div containers as explained in the revise tutorial here

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/11220/weaver-xtreme-tips-and-tutorial-part-5

<div>
    <div class=”content-3-col”>First column content</div>
    <div class=”content-3-col”>Second column content</div>
    <div class=”content-3-col”>Third column content</div>
    </div>

In the future, we must have a link to the site (not admin) to be sure of the problem you have. If this is a private web site that we really cannot have access to, you should create a test site in the sub folder of an online site you manage and reproduce the issues there so we can look at it. Without this support will be very hard

Alexander
    Participant

Can’t do this, it’s a client site

I think it is about only site link not admin part.

tix
    Participant

Hi scrambler,

Thank you, I  discovered that while tearing my hair out because I had no clue what I did wrong . It seems to work, so I hope it works on all pages. Fingers crossed!

What I do often is inserting  divs inside the column divs, as I’m not sure if you can add inline styling to the column divs:background colour, padding, minimum height. Can that be done? Would simplify things a lot.

Hi Alexander, can’t give links to client sites on public forums without permission, sorry for that.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

scrambler

Nothing stops you from styling the div columns directly.

If all columns have the same style you can simply add rules using the content-3-col like

.content-3-col {background-color:red;}

If you need different style on different columns, just add your own class to the columns

<div>
    <div class=”content-3-col mycol1″>First column content</div>
    <div class=”content-3-col mycol2″>Second column content</div>
    <div class=”content-3-col mycol3″>Third column content</div>
    </div>

If you need Then just use these additional classes to style them like

.mycol1 {background-color:red;}

.mycol2 {background-color:yellow;}

.mycol3 {background-color:blue;}

All rules go in Main options > Fonts & Custom > CUstom CSS Rule box

tix
    Participant

Thank you.

I used your “mycol1” etc.. on another site, but on this one columns have various styling even on the same page. I’ll try a few things out later on.
    So far so good, all pages where I added the enclosing divs (I note them as “open jail” and “close jail”) are rendering ok again.

Have a nice evening too.

laura
    Participant

Scrambler,

I just upgraded to 1.2.4 where I’m using the Weaver 3 column divs and everything seems ok. Do I still need to make any adjustments to the page code? Here’s a link to my site:

http://clientswebdesigns.com/blog9/

Thanks,
    Laura

scrambler

The need for the wrapping div is just to be sure it always works fine.

If your content does not have other divs at the same level as the columns divs, it will still work as is.

But if at any time other divs become present at the same level, then it would throw off the CSS calculation and cause trouble.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.