Home Forums Tutorials and Hints from Users Looking for a new host with good tech suport Reply To: Looking for a new host with good tech suport

dosolutions
Participant

While this is an old thread, I have had experiences with the following over the last 20 years:

Site Ground – does not supply a full c panel and has proprietary WordPress Plugins for “features” that cause issues if you move. $3.69 a month and up.

Blue Host – really poor support, and extensive outages, and poor security (sites get hacked) -Also TOS are extreme – stay away!

Host Gator – poor support, slow response times, wordpress hosting starts at $5.95 a month

Host Centric, AISO (solar powered office), Dream host and others – fair support if you can reach them. Over the years I had poor experience with them all…

I found Green Geeks greengeeks.com to have great support, full c-panel, fast SSD based servers, (faster by far than siteground servers), they have multi homed hosting around the planet, instant chat and support lines for 24 / 7 phone calls, email support is responsive, and WordPress sites start at $2.95 a month. Green Geeks is purchasing Solar RECs to offset 3 times their energy usage. I have over 60 sites with them as a reseller and another 25 clients with their own sites. They offer free migrations of entire sites, and services like email. They offer an affiliate program and it actually pay out.

Anyone can have a bad experience with just about any host, but after more than 30 years in this business, I find that Green Geeks is tops, for me and my clients. And if there is a TOS issue, rather than terminate your site, they reach out first.

I do have an affiliate account, and I can assist with migration, PM me if interested. (Hope that’s ok to say…)

Yes – I agree that the all-in-one-migration plugin works well.