Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Issue with json parsing posts from Weaver Xtreme with Plus Reply To: Issue with json parsing posts from Weaver Xtreme with Plus

Weaver
Keymaster

As I said, the excerpt you showed looks like standard JSON.

JSON is a standard for representing data in text form. I’ve used it in the process of converting a CSV spreadsheet to JSON, which I then convert to a Map. So it would seem that WP is providing JSON generated from a WP post.

I don’t know what language you are using to program your app, but it most likely would be Java or Kotlin.

If you haven’t used the Map data type, you should spend time understandig¬† that. There WILL be built in support for converting that JASON directly to Maps. There should be no need for you to figure out how to parse that JSON. Just get the JSON, convert it to a Map, then you have full and easy (once you’ve mastered Maps) access to the data to use however you want to draw it on the screen.

I do not know if the HTML has bee stripped from the JSON, but I really don’t know what is avaiable for displaying HTML via a phone App.